Sunday 15 April 2012

My Ball Boy Experience


After a long nervous wait behind the scenes I tried to ignore the applauding crowd, before taking my place at the back of the court. Then once again the voice of the microphone echoed around the court as the players were finally introduced emerging from behind the curtain.

Me with Warwickshire captain Dan Evans
I gained confidence as the lengthy warm up gave me time to think through my job and positioning. The opening match was very competitive; I had to keep focused on where all the balls were and where they needed to be. We all had to stay aware of the score, while trying to avoid being hit by the ferocious serving and moving players. 

Following a fifteen minute break we were back on court ready for the next matches to start. Where we all had to refocus once the music was turned off. I found the second match a lot easier and could enjoy a great view of the players as they traded hand signals behind their back on where to serve the next ball.

Overall it was a really fun enjoyable day as well as getting the best view to some exciting high quality tennis.

No comments:

Post a Comment